Applications are now open for the Coastcare Victoria Community Grants and will close 20th February 2019.
The Coastcare Victoria Community Grants Program supports community organisations to protect and enhance the coastal and near-shore marine environment. It has two key focus areas:
- Conservation, rehabilitation, restoration and preventative actions for Victoria’s coastal and marine ecosystems.
- Support community participation and engagement to enhance community knowledge and understanding of coastal and marine management.
Grants of up to $10,000 for one-year projects and $15,000 for two-year projects are available.
Who can apply?
Grants are open to community groups. To be eligible, applicant groups must be:
- an incorporated association registered through Consumer Affairs Victoria or be incorporated through an umbrella group such as the Farm Tree and Landcare Association; or
- registered as a not-for-profit organisation with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC); or
- a non-incorporated community group with an eligible sponsor (auspice - see below) who agrees to enter into a contract on their behalf.
Examples of eligible groups include:
- Coastcare, Landcare, ‘Friends of’ groups, field naturalist groups, coastal Committees of Management and non-government community organisations;
- Aboriginal groups and organisations, land councils, trusts and co-operatives working on-country;
- community service organisations and clubs;
- educational institutions including schools and universities.
- Read the Coastcare Victoria Community Grants Program 2019 Guidelines and FAQs (links below)
- Contact your local Coastcare facilitator to discuss your project (contact details below)
- Submit your application using the online grant system SmartyGrants, at the following link: https://coastcare.smartygrants.com.au/2019 Your online application can only be accessed by one set of login details. We recommend signing up to SmartyGrants with a generic group or team email. We encourage you to start your application as early as possible. You can save your application and return to it at a later date.
Coastcare Victoria Community Grants Program 2019 Guidelines and FAQs
Before you apply, please discuss your project with your Coastcare facilitator:
Bellarine and Surf Coast
Phone: (03) 5220 2012
Far South West
Phone: 0427 316 324
Port Phillip and Westernport
Phone: (03) 9450 8793
Phone: (03) 5183 9116
Phone: (03) 5152 0473
Coastcare Community Grants 2018 recipients
Friends of the Prom Inc
Sea Spurge Removal: Restoring Hooded Plover Habitat at Squeaky Beach, Wilsons Promontory National Park
Rhyll Coast Action Inc
Revegetation of Coastal Woodland at Pleasant Point, Phillip Island
Mount Eliza Association for Environmental Care
Weed Control and Re-vegetation Ranelagh Beach Foreshore Reserve No2
Friends of the Hooded Plover (Mornington Peninsula) Inc
Fostering Community Participation and Protection for a flagship Coastal Species; the Red-capped Plover
Cape Paterson Residents and Ratepayers Association
Undertow Bay Weed Removal and Revegetation Stages 4 and 5
Elizabeth Cain/ Seaside Scavenge
Seaside Scavenge Mornington Peninsula
Mornington Environment Association Incorporated
Red Bluff Mornington rehabilitation
Silverleaves Conservation Association Inc.
Protection and Enhancement of Coast Banksia Woodland
South Gippsland Landcare Network
Corner Inlet Citizen Science Water Quality Improvement Project
Warrnambool Coastcare Landcare Network
2018-19 Thunder Point Coastal Reserve Community Conservation Project
Friends of the Beleura Cliff Path
Revegetate, monitor drainage, and prevent erosion of Beleura Cliff Path
Moogji Aboriginal Council East Gippsland Incorporated
Moogji Coastal Works Project 2018-2019
Anglican Earthcare Gippsland Inc
Raymond Island Monitoring Environmental Change and Management of invasive species
Balcombe Estuary Reserves Group Mt Martha Inc (BERG Mt Martha)
Vegetation Survey & Assessment of Mount Martha Coastal Vegetation
Friends of Williams Road Beach
Creating habitat resilience, extending the habitat corridor & reducing plastic pollution, Mount Eliza Foreshore
Conservation Volunteers Australia
Point Lonsdale Foreshore Stabilisation
Bellarine Catchment Network
Bellarine Coastal Community Engagement and On-Ground Works 2018-19
Heytesbury District Landcare Network
Controlling incursion of Coast Wattle
Walkerville Foreshore Reserve Committee of Management
Walkerville Foreshore Reserve Weed Eradication, Revegetation and Erosion Control 2018
Tambo Bluff Landcare Coastcare
Steps towards the future - restoring and protecting the integrity of the Lake King foreshore
Friends of Beware Reef
Improved Technical Capability
McCrae Homestead Coastal Group Inc.
Enhancement of McCrae Coastal Habitat.
Australian Marine Mammal Conservation Foundation
Marine Litter Education Project - Empowering Young People, Making A Difference
Fishcare Victoria Inc.
What's Under the Water
Friends of Fisherman's Beach
Linley Point/Fishermans Beach Weed Removal and Indigenous replanting
Victorian Wader Study Group
Sustaining long term studies of waders and terns in South East Australia